Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Well Hey Now I'm Done With The Shoes Scavenger Hunt!



At first I thought that taking pictures of shoes for the scavenger hunt would have been a drag, but it has turned into one of my more creative/ strange segments in all of the other subjects in the project as a whole.  I think what motivated me to be different in the 'shoes' bit was that at all costs I did not just want to take pictures of shoes and say "hey, now i'm done with that".  I wanted to actually put something out that seemed interesting and fresh (other than regular old shoes).  

This one kind of tells a story (in my head).  It brings out the simplistic qualities that are a shoe, we become more connected to the ground below us without them though, feet in the grass and all the textures that are different that are not felt in shoes.

The effects were done by taking 3 different pictures and having an overlay for the shoes and socks (the bare feet were the background which everything was built upon, the negative on the shoes was just done by erasing the white on my shoes and only keeping the black.  Making my socks see through was just a simple edit with opacity in PhotoShop.  

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully executed. Perfect for black and white. Black and white contrast give a surreal effect. Love the description.

    ReplyDelete