Monday, August 20, 2012

Frozen in Motion



Today was a creative day indeed.  This series of photos was actually taken in my bathroom against a shower door.  I had to set up two lights to give it this "dramatic" effect.  I also had to put my camera 
  
 Manual mode and tweak the aperture, shutter speed and have a respectable ISO.  I also had the flash on to get a distinctive frozen look to the stray water splash droplets. That flash was on a very weak setting (down 2 stops) I'll copy the extended photo info below. I used my remote shutter and camera on a tripod to take the pouring of the water as it happened (even though it was less than 3.0 frames per second for the flash to charge in between) Most all of these pictures are from separate pours of water though.  I ended up poring a lot of water for these few shots.


General Photo Info: (What Worked In The End)

  • Shot RAW! (because it's better that way)
  • Shutter: 1/60
  • Aperture: f/5.6 (pretty wide open for my camera) (I think the lowest for the particular lens i was using was 3.5)
  • Manual exposure 
  • 49mm Focal Length
  • 200 ISO 
  • Pattern Metering 
  • Flash On 
  • Auto Focus (Focal point set to top right and bottom right focal points for crisp focus on the glass) (Out of the 9 focal points total)




2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      The pictures you have posted are really great! Very talented :D

      Delete